- Lyn Reed
Getting Over Getting Over
Getting over a break up can make us feel frozen like this mask in the snow.
Before we can build relationships with others we need to nurture a good and healthy relationship with ourselves.
Our self esteem may not be that great just now, but we can find ways to improve it.
An end of a relationship can leave us feeling not just lonely but painfully aware of our shortcomings.
Ways to tackle it?
- write down a gratitude list (if you managed to get out bed this morning be thankful.)
- take up something new if you feel anxious or compulsive
- do something to fill the void
- set goals
- put the focus back on yourself
- journal thoughts and feelings
- erase negative self-talk
- give yourself credit
- take breaks
- look after yourself physically
- find support
- spend at least one night doing something for yourself
A happy and healthy life starts with a positive self-image and high self-esteem. And it lies within ourselves.